Qatar Petrochemical Company Q.S.C (QAPCO) is one of the leading producers of ethylene and low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in the Middle East Region. The required feedstock is supplied by the State owned Qatar Petroleum for the production of ethylene. A substantial part of ethylene is consumed for the production of LDPE of various grades, which are exported under the ‘LOTRENE’ brand name in various part of the world. The remaining ethylene is mainly supplied to Qatar Vinyl Company (QVC) and balance if any, is exported in the overseas market. QAPCO is one of the companies located in the Mesaieed Industrial City along-with its neighbors producing fertilizers, steel, petroleum products and natural gas liquids. QAPCO was established in 1974 as a joint multinational venture to utilize the associated and non-associated Ethane feed from petroleum/natural Gas production in line with the industrialization plan of the State of Qatar. QAPCO had commenced commercial production in 1981 and soon became well established in the global market for its commitment to quality and reliability.
…QAPCO is presently owned by Industrial Qatar (IQ) with 80% share and by Total petrochemicals of France for the rest 20% share. The IQ is controlled & owned by Qatar Petroleum (QP) with 70% share in it, the remaining 30% shares are being held by the public. Qatar Petroleum is a wholly owned corporation by the State of Qatar and responsible for the development and distribution of Country’s oil & gas reserves and also in promoting downstream industries in the State. The TOTAL Petrochemicals is part of TOTAL Group, France.
…QAPCO manufacturing facilities consist of an Ethylene Plant with a designed annual capacity of 720 KTA (though production is achieved over 800KTA), two Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) plants of the global capacity of 400KTA, Sulphur plant of 70KTA, Hydrogenated Propane/Butane Mix unit of 55KTA, Hydrogenated Pygasoline unit of 45KTA beside the self sufficient utilities plants and other offsite & auxiliary facilities. The Plants are situated in Mesaieed Industrial City on the seacoast with jetty facilities and are very well connected to the road transport; thereby enabling QAPCO to export its entire range of products worldwide.
…QAPCO produces various LDPE grades to satisfy the requirements of most thermoplastics processing techniques. That includes: Blown Film Extrusion, Cast Film Extrusion, Extrusion Coating, Injection Moldings and Blow Moldings suitable to all respective applications such as films, pipes, bottles, toys and other major molded products having wide usage all over the world and touching everyone’s daily life.
…QAPCO is now undergoing expansion of LDPE capacity by establishing a third LDPE Plant of the Capacity of 250KTA expandable to 300KTA. The Project is forecasted to be completed by the end of 2011. After the startup of LDPE-3, QAPCO's total LDPE production capacity would be increased to over 650-700 KTPA, being one of the largest single locations of LDPE production in the World.
…QAPCO has setup the pace in its ambitions to become a petrochemical supplier with a diversified product portfolio and intends to serve the customers through its growing global network of self-operating offices, warehouses and agents. In addition to selling QAPCO products through these offices & warehouses, it is also selling the significant quantity of products of QATOFIN’s LLDPE, QVC’s EDC/VCM/CS and QCHEM’s HDPE. It has a full fledge Commercial and Marketing set-up in Qatar with highly experienced employees handling all products sales and after sales services including shipping and delivery in addition to customers support and technical assistance. It has now presence in over 145 Countries through integrated Global Marketing and Sales Network that is spread across 28 self operated offices, 6 regional warehouses and a well established Agents & Distributer network. The objective of these overseas offices & warehouses is to serve its customers at their doorsteps by becoming a local supplier.
…QAPCO continues to maintain its high international standards of excellence with the focus on customers’ satisfaction. The Quality, continual improvement; and safety, health, environmental, and community concerns are the driving forces behind company’s overwhelming success.
…As a responsible corporate citizen, QAPCO considers the environment as an irreplaceable treasure and thus turning its operations as environment friendly in line with international standards. The company is proud of managing its operations with a high concern for the environment and health & safety of its employees at all levels.
…QAPCO has major investments in several Joint-ventures projects in Qatar like QVC, Ras Laffan Cracker (RLOC), Qatofin, QPPC etc. These projects are currently running successfully and contributing immensely to the growth of the State of Qatar. The investment to achieve economy of scale remains the central pillar of QAPCO's strategic plan. The initiatives undertaken in this direction continues to put QAPCO on the track of accelerated growth.